SPAY & NEUTER
SERVICES & PRICES
By appointment only Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
Spay/neuter appointments require a deposit to hold the surgery date. Dog appointments require a $50 deposit per dog and cat appointments require a $25 deposit per cat. Appointments must be cancelled 48 hours or more ahead of time in order to have your deposit refunded. If there is an emergency and you are unable to give 48 hours notice, please call us so we can try to fill your spot. If you do not give 48 hours notice, and do not show up on the day of your appointment, your deposit will not be refunded. Otherwise, the deposit will be applied toward your payment on the day of surgery.
- Male Dog Neuter, under 60 pounds: $100
- Male Dog Neuter, over 60 pounds: $125
- Female Dog Spay, under 60 pounds: $125
- Female Dog Spay, over 60 pounds: $150
- Male Cat Neuter: $50
- Female Cat Spay: $60
- Mother/Kitten Special: $100 (Includes up to four kittens. Any additional kittens in the litter will be charged $20 each for surgery. Kittens must be 4 months of age or younger. All cats must have the same owner and live in the same household. Deposits for mother kitten special are $20 per cat.)
- Feral/Community Cat Spay/Neuter: Call or email for more information
Additional fees (price by doctors discretion)
- In Heat/Pregnant – $25-75
- Cryptorchid (undescended testicle) – $10-$75
- Umbilical Hernia – $25-$45. Only reducible hernias will be repaired.
- Presurgical blood work and exam – $60 (dogs)/$120 (cats) A presurgical exam and blood work is required for dogs and cats 7-9 years of age. The exam is free of charge, and if no major health concerns arise, blood work will be required before surgery can be scheduled. Please call the clinic to schedule this complimentary exam for your older pet.
Additional services offered during surgery
Your pet can receive vaccinations, a microchip and deworming on the day of their surgery. If you are interested in these services please let us know when you check your animal in for surgery or in the notes section when you schedule online.
- Microchip: $25
- Dewormer: $5
- Elizabethian collar (e-collar or cone): $10
- Oral sedation (dogs only): $10
- Rabies: $20 – Legally required for ALL dogs and mandatory for dog licensing
- DAPP: $20 – Distemper, adenovirus, parainfluenza & parvovirus. Recommended for ALL dogs
- Leptospirosis: $20 – Recommended for most dogs in Central Oregon. For dogs who enjoy the outdoors, swim or drink from lakes & streams or come into contact with wildlife or livestock
- DAPP/Lepto: $20 – DAPP & Leptospira in one vaccine. For dogs that need DAPP & Leptospira vaccination
- Bordetella: $20 – Respiratory vaccine (kennel cough). Recommended for dogs that are frequently exposed to other dogs in boarding or social settings
- Rabies: $20 – Recommended for ALL cats
- FVRCP: $20 – Feline panleukopenia, herpesvirus-1 & calicivirus. Recommended for ALL cats
- FeLV: $25 – Feline leukemia virus. Recommended for outdoor cats. Must be tested for FeLV prior to vaccination.
- FeLV/FIV testing (cats only): $35 – A negative test at BSN or performed by another veterinary clinic is required to receive the FeLV vaccine.
- Deschutes County dog license (dogs only): $16 – altered (spayed/neutered). $30 Unaltered. Proof of current Rabies vaccination required. Rabies vaccine must be good for at least 1 year from the date of license is issued. New licenses only; no renewals.
- Additional Information:
- We strongly encourage all owners to purchase an e-collar. Using an e-collar after surgery will help reduce the chance that your dog or cat will lick or chew at the surgical incision which can cause complications.
- All dogs are sent home with 3 days additional pain medication at no extra charge. (All pets receive injectable pain control before and after surgery.)
Bend Spay + Neuter Clinic:
910 SE Wilson, Ste A1
Bend, Oregon 97702
Wednesday 7:30am to 5:00pm
Thursday 7:30am to 5:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm
Vaccine & Microchip Clinic
Closed Sunday & Monday & major holidays
61170 S.E. 27th St.
Bend, OR 97702
Open M-F 10am-5:30pm
Closed Sundays & major holidays
Sign up to get HSCO news and updates delivered straight to your inbox.